Last year, I was not fucking with resolutions for the new year at all. Things were going well; plans were in motion. Then life happened. Clearly I knew nothing, because has been properly kicking my ass. From returning to the states after studying abroad in London, ensuring that I graduate college on time, and attempting to figure out post-grad life, this roller coaster has been a wild to say the least. With that being said, this year I will make some resolutions for the coming new year. They are #lifegoals that I would like to set for myself in preparation for the future. No, life does not always pan out the way you want it to, but that does not mean you can’t prepare yourself for life’s curve balls.
So below I will list some of my New Year’s Resolutions:
- Get Healthy – Mentally, Physically, and Spiritually
- I truly believe that all three of these play off of each other. If one of these is off-balanced, then everything is off-balanced. How do I know? I’m pre-diabetic and my life is a mess lol.
- Get Published
- I would love to see my writing published on a blog.
- Be More Social
- After graduating and moving back home, I found any and every reason to distance myself from people under the guise that I was “figuring things out”. No more excuses.
- Volunteer/Work with an Organization Geared towards Black Women and Girls
- When I die, I want them to say this was my life’s work and I have to start somewhere
- Solidify a Career Trajectory
- Six months out of college means it’s time that I get a plan in motion. A plan, not the plan. We can’t be wandering ducks out here.
- Read More!
- I love reading, but I don’t make nearly as much as time for it as I should.
- Get my license and Get A Car
- They go hand-in-hand and will definitely happen
- Move Out of My Parent’s House
- Lord knows I’m dying of suffocation in that house. Financially it is the best decision and living at home gives me the room to figure life out, however parents will always be parents.
- I want to see the world and there’s only one way to do that – get out and do it.
That’s what I hope to accomplish for the year, but I also hope to establish some lifelong, healthy lifestyle practices in the meantime.
What are some of your New Year’s Resolutions?